It’s gettin’ steamy up in here!
Husbands: Frustrated that your sexual needs aren’t being met?
Wives: Frustrated that you feel disconnected from your man?
HUSBANDS, to connect:
1) PRAY TOGETHER
2) When’s the last time you spent 15 minutes talking with your wife, without an iphone or game controller in your hand or a computer screen in your face? She needs your FULL attention.
3) When’s the last time you helped clean up, do laundry, vacuum, yard work, etc…without being asked?
4) When’s the last time you looked your lovely in the eye and honestly told her how beautiful she is to you? Or how much you liked dinner? Or said any positive word? Unfortunately, our brains hear negative words louder than positive…it takes a lot more positives to offset a negative. (Mr. Muscle, my hubby, has an iphone alarm everday at 5:30 that reminds to say ‘positive words’….I don’t care that he has to prompt himself as long as he says them and says them often!!!)
5) How often do you use a grouchy tone of voice? Turn it off.
WIVES, to connect:
1) PRAY TOGETHER
2) When is the last time you had a steamy session of sexual relations? Guys are able to connect better emotionally when the oxytocin is churning in their brains (lots of oxytocin after sex….). Guys feel satisfied and worthy of being loved when they see that you have climaxed. Going through the motions doesn’t cut it.
3) How much time do you spend doting over your man versus doting over your kids? The marriage comes FIRST. What’s the divorce rate? Want your kids’ marriage to live a long healthy life? Role model to your kids that daddy is your favorite. This will give the kiddos the experience of a successful marriage. Relinquish any guilt by looking to your children’s future and not giving in to their whininess of the moment.
4) Put on your lipstick and freshen up before seeing each other after work. Do you like to see him in his sweats all day, unshaven? Men are visual. He’ll like that you’ve made an effort for him.
5) Be happy! Tell yourself a joke, SMILE. A nagging wife is like the constant drip on a rainy day. Too simplistic? Choose to focus on what is noble, beautiful, praiseworthy….
It’s NOT give-and-take or what’s-in-it-for-me?….It IS 100% and 100%….Each giving fully to help and support the other. It’s an old axiom. But, hard to put into practice.
IF your marriage is on the verge of breaking down, call the Master Mechanic. PRAY that God and the Holy Spirit will reveal the best road for your recovery.
The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18.
May I suggest Marriage Classes through,
Family Dynamics, a Christian Marriage Ministry?
See how Family Dynamics changed our lives by reading Miserable Marriage/Magical Marriage Part1
Other Mending Marriage Sites: