Prudes of the world take heed! SEX is good for us! There are long lasting physical benefits beyond the Big O. Aside from a burst of beneficial biochemicals, burning calories and decreasing the risk of male heart attack, here are some…….
Surprising Benefits of SEX
1. SEX CURES COLDS……Well, almost….Sex boosts immunity to help fight colds and flu. Immunoglobulin A, an anti-body, was shown to increase in number by having sex twice a week (according to a Wilkes University, PA, study). This part of the immune system binds to invading organisms and sounds the alarm so that other’s will come to destroy the invaders.
2. SEX HELPS YOU SMELL GOOD…..University of Calgary study shows that prolactin (a hormone) release in mice can double the new nerve cells in the mouse olfactory bulb (where the sense of smell resides). In humans, prolactin is released during orgasm. So, there is a possible correlation. Your sense of smell could be improved by orgasm. See, Smellin’ Sexy,for certain scents that may increase libido.
3. SEX, BETTER THAN HAPPY PILLS….A controversial study at the State University in Albany, NY, showed that females who engaged in unprotected sex had less symptoms of depression. It was suggested that semen’s components of testosterone, estrogen, prolactin, and prostaglandins can pass through the vaginal walls and help elevate mood. Not to mention, the female releases her own mood enhancing molecules during orgasm. See Why Sex? for more effects sex has on mood.
and the piece de resistance….
4. SEX IS CHEAPER THAN PLASTIC SURGERY…..Sex helps you look up to 10 years younger! Women who had sex 3 times a week looked up to 10 years younger, according to David Weeks, MD, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Scotland. This study was conducted with 3500 women.
This may be due to the fact that sex can release growth hormone. Interesting to note, CASUAL SEX DID NOT DECREASE THE AGING PROCESS! Sex with different partners or cheating in a marriage, may actually increase aging because of the stress and anxiety.
“The sex doesn’t work (for anti-aging) without a good relationship,” Weeks said, “It works via a relationship that is very supportive and empathetic, in which both people are physically and emotionally compatible.”
What Dr. Weeks doesn’t plainly say, but I will, sex between married partners is the BEST way to have sex because it is approved by God.
“One final word, friends. We ask you – urge is more like it – that you keep on doing what we told you do to please God, not in a dogged religious plod, but in a living spirited dance. You know the guidelines we laid down for you from the Master Jesus. God wants you to live a pure life. Keep yourselves from sexual promiscuity,” 1Thessalonians 4:1-3 (The Message).
Reclaim your SEXY, beautiful ladies! Sometimes, a spike in lagging libido comes from just choosing to reclaim it. If all factors are positive; life is generally good, you have an emotional connection with your husband (who loves you as Christ loved the church) and your hormones are in balance, sometimes an attitude shift is what is needed. Now, you have some motivating biological factors to help you get busy with your mister.
1. Try an experiment, DECIDE TO BE SEXY and see what happens….
2. PRAY…God really does care about every aspect of your beautiful self! If you struggle with lagging libido and all other factors are positive, PRAY about it.
May the Grace of the Lord overflow upon you, lovely ladies, with faith and love that is in Jesus Christ. (referencing 1Tim1:14).
Check out Wifey Wednesday at Sheila Gregoire’s: Get Over Thinking Sex Is All For Him